Monday, September 3, 2007

I Can't Believe I'm Blogging !

I don't know why but God had lead me to start a blog. I like to visit other people's blogs and read them and I occasionally post but I don't consider myself a blogger. Lately however it has been on my mind a lot. I was just sitting with my laptop today surfing the web, reading other blogs and suddenly God gave me a name for the blog. The next thing I knew I was here writing this.
The name of the blog is based on I Samuel 7: 12. The verse reads: Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, " Thus far the LORD helped us." I love that verse because it is a reminder of God's promises that He will never leave us or forsake us and that He always has our best interests at heart. Sometimes we don't know what the outcome of situations in our lives is going to be but God does.
But God.... that is another line of mine. I have already used it several times in this post. You can take those 2 small words and apply them to anything you are going through. A situation can look hopeless with no way out but God..... He is our rescuer, our redeemer. Praise you LORD for your great love, your saving grace and most of all for your Son, the One and Only !

No comments: