Thursday, September 13, 2007

Morning Devotion

This morning I woke up early and spent some time reflecting on this past weekend at the Deeper Still conference. I read back over my notes and then opened the word. I also read a daily devotion that I get via email.
The devotion that I read started out with Psalm 112:1. It is a wonderful verse that says:
"Praise the LORD! Happy are those who fear the LORD. Yes, happy are those who delight in doing what He commands. (NLT)
It is a wonderful verse and as I read it I said Amen. Then I continued on with the next verse:
"Their children will be successful everywhere; an entire generation of godly people will be blessed." (Psalm 112: 2)
This verse too is a wonderful verse. Now put the 2 together and you get the Big picture. What the Word is saying is that our children are dependant on our obedience. We have the responsibility as parents to fear the LORD and delight in doing what He commands ! If we do then our children will be successful everywhere, not just our children but an entire generation of godly people will be blessed.....because of our obedience! YIKES !
That is responsibility! Our obedience to God or disobedience determines what legacy we leave for our children. I challenge all parents today to make a conscious effort to delight in the LORD and follow His commands. Our children ( & grandchildren) are depending on it.

Blessings,

Cecelia

2 comments:

Patty said...

You know this goes along with what Kay said at the conference. Wonder what the world would be like if our children saw us reading the Bible more instead of seeing us watching t.v.?

Unknown said...

Get off my toes sister.